[ecrea] CFP: Interaction/Identity and TV

Tue Mar 27 14:28:23 GMT 2012

I am soliciting papers for this summer's annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction (SSSI) in Denver, CO. I am hosting a session on Sociological/Interactionist studies of television. If any of you have scholarly pieces dealing with interpretive studies of TV that focus on identity or interaction, please send me an abstract in the next couple weeks.

The SSSI is a group of interdisciplinary scholars who emphasize the use of Sociology to approach issues of interaction, identity, and meaning; members of all disciplines (and the un-disciplined!) are welcome.

The meetings are August 16-18 in Denver, CO. The conference fee for non-Members of the SSSI is $100, but there is no registration for members and yearly membership is currently around $50 depending on your income. Further details about fees/registration and all that business are included in an attachment I can send to any interested parties.

Thanks!

Dr. William Ryan Force
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Department of Criminal Justice + Sociology
Western New England University
1215 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01119-2684

office: CSP 423