[ecrea] Symposium on research methods in social sciences (call for papers)

Sat Dec 01 21:21:54 GMT 2012

Call for papers

Thinking through Methodologies in Media
A one-day symposium on research methods in social sciences

Date: 26th March, 2013
Venue: Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool

How do I conduct an online ethnography? Are there new ways to think about visual cultures? Can I write about sound? What are creative methodologies, and how can they be developed?
We invite researchers to a one-day symposium, with a publication to follow, to think together through research methodologies as they relate to digital, visual, and sound cultures. We particularly welcome papers from postgraduate and early researchers to present their ideas and research methods in their current field of study.

Papers are invited on any of the below fields of study:

1.New Media/Digital Culture  2.Films/Visual Culture  3.Music/Sound Culture

A 300 word abstract should be submitted by February 28th, 2013 to Dr Esperanza Miyake ((e.miyake /at/ ljmu.ac.uk)) with the following information: a) author(s); b) affiliation; c) email address; d) abstract