[ecrea] CFP: Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 2013, Danube University Krems Austria, 21-25 May 2013

Tue Sep 11 11:32:48 GMT 2012

*CFP: Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 2013
21-25 May 2013 Danube University Krems Austria*

Transparency and access to information, new ways of interacting with government and democratic institutions, and Internet-based, decentralized grassroots activism have caused profound changes to the way states are run and society expected to function. Social media and new dimensions of online social activity, including individual and collective content generation, collaboration and sharing as well as the emergence of spontaneous multilevel networks change our understanding of how to run countries and companies. Services provided by public and private organisations have increased citizens' independence and flexibility, but at the same time allow for more control. Now we have reached the point where we need to look at what the ideas, promises and suggestions have brought and why some projects have failed to reach the aims. Have aims and expectations been set too high? Or is the question how we define success (and failure)? Has the role of technology been overemphasised?

These are some of the questions and topics we would like to discuss at the 2013 Conference. CeDEM13 critically analyses present and future developments in e-democracy and open government.

*TRACKS*

E-Democracy and E-Participation
Open Collaborative Government
E-Policies and E-Society -- Human Rights for the Internet Age
Social and Mobile Media for Public Administration
E-Campaigning & E-Politics
Bottom-Up Movements
Open Data, Transparency and Open Innovation
Freedom in Digital Societies

*DATES*

Deadline for the submission of papers and workshop proposals: 15 January 2013
Notification of acceptance: 29 March 2013
Camera-ready paper submission: 21 April 2013
Pre-conference event: 21 May 2013
Conference: 22-23 May 2013
Open space, extended workshops, colloquia: 24-25 May 2013