[ecrea] Third International Comics Conference - Comics Rock! 28-29 June 2012, Bournemouth University UK

Sat Apr 28 06:45:36 GMT 2012

The Third International Comics Conference: Comics Rock

Bournemouth University

Comics and Education (Thursday 28 June 2012)
    Keynote address from David Lloyd (Kickback, V for Vendetta) and Steve Marchant (The Cartoonist's Workshop) of Cartoon Classroom.
    Also the first UK screening of Todd Kent's film Comic Book Literacy (Best Documentary Winner at Phoenix Comicon 2010).

Comics and Multi-Modal Adaptation (Friday 29 June 2012)
    Ian Edginton (Sherlock Holmes, Scarlet Traces)
    I.N.J. Culbard (Sherlock Holmes, At The Mountains of Madness)

The comic strip, having been viewed as a lower form of art for decades, is increasingly being recognised as a phenomenon worthy of academic study. We are therefore proud to be hosting our third major academic conference on comics, graphic novels and bandes dessinées at Bournemouth University, following two very successful annual events held at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Conference tickets can be bought fromhttp://comicsconference-es1.eventbrite.com/?srnk=1, early bird rates are available until 30 April 2011.

A FREE annual personal subscription to either Studies in Comics (Intellect) or the Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics (Routledge) is included in the price of any two-day ticket purchased (includes early bird, student and presenter rates).

Please seewww.comics.bujournalism.info  for further details or contact myself (orcomicsconference /at/ gmail.com)  with any queries.

Many thanks,

Julia

Dr Julia Round
Senior Lecturer in Communication
The Media School
Bournemouth University
Fern Barrow
Poole
BH12 5BB

Tel: 01202 965931
Office: W314
Email:(jround /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk)
Website:www.juliaround.com
Editor, Studies in Comics (Intellect Books)