[ecrea] Conference: Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication: Analysis and Impact in Linguistic Ethnography

Fri Mar 30 20:41:46 GMT 2012

Conference
Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication: Analysis and Impact in Linguistic Ethnography
13.09.12-14.09.12
University of Copenhagen, Denmark

This is the second call for abstracts for papers and posters for the 2012 conference Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication. The theme of the conference is -Analysis and Impact in Linguistic Ethnography'. We invite contributions from across disciplines and topics such as research on health, education, culture and identity. Abstracts should provide a clear focus on what kinds of results can be achieved with an ethnographic approach to linguistic and communicative data. How do we interpret our data? How do our analyses add to wider knowledge of our target disciplines? And what are the consequences and impact outside social science research of our work?

Invited plenary speakers include
Don Kulick (University of Chicago),
Marilyn Martin-Jones (University of Birmingham) and
Martha Sif Karrebæk (University of Copenhagen).

On the first day 4 interactive workshops will take place. The workshops will focus on
1) Gate-keeping interview data,
2) New Literacy perspectives on CMC data,
3) Data from an educational context and
4) Data from medical contexts (see more onwww.eelc4.ku.dk).

On the second day papers and posters will be presented and discussed. Oral presentations will be 30 minutes in length, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. We encourage collaborative papers as well as poster presentations, and there will be allocated dedicated time and space for discussion of posters led by invited discussants.

Abstracts (up to 300 words) should be submitted by e-mail attachment (Word files) to
(eelc4 /at/ hum.ku.dk)  and contain the abstract and details of the author(s) (name(s), affiliation, email address). Under the title for the abstract, please give four keywords which summarise the paper/poster. In the body of your email please specify whether the abstract is for a poster or paper presentation.

The deadline for submission of abstracts has been extended to 1st of May 2012. Registration for the conference will open in June 2012.

For further information seewww.eelc4.ku.dk

email:(eelc4 /at/ hum.ku.dk)