[ecrea] cfp i gesture mutations in European cinema international conference

Wed Mar 14 23:31:57 GMT 2012

*CALL FOR PAPERS (NEW DEADLINE!):*

*I GESTURE MUTATIONS IN EUROPEAN CINEMA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE*

* *

_FROM MAY 31st TO JUNE 2nd 2012
UNIVERSITAT POMPEU FABRA (UPF), BARCELONA_

_Organized by PompeuFabra University-GRUP CINEMA_

_ _

The *1^st Gesture Mutations in European Cinema International Conference *will take place from May 31^st to June 2^nd , at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona. The main goal of the Conference is to interrogate the images of European contemporary cinema through the permanence of the gesture. Is there such a thing as a system of contemporary gestures in European cinema? Which is its link with European film tradition, as well as with North American classic cinema? How do the different European cinemas present the relationship between the filmmaker and the actor in the creation of this contemporary gestuality? Is it possible to acknowledge an European common imaginary background from its gestures? For three days, we will discuss about these and other topics regarding the gesture in European cinema. But this event will be more than three days of conferences: it will also include a Workshop in which renowned international filmmakers and actors will be involved. *Oksana Bulgakova* and *Victor Stoichita* are two of the theorists and historians who have confirmed their attendance already.

It's our goal that this Conference became a reference point in the research on European cinema in general and, for this reason, we'd like to invite you to send us your proposals for a lecture of 25-30 minutes to the electronic addresses you will find below *_not later than March 30^th _*. We will inform you about the final resolution of the accepted papers on *_April 12^th _*.

We'd like to ask you to send an abstract no longer than one page where, above all, the starting point was an invocation of an image or a group of images of one gesture you consider particularly meaningful in recent European cinema. The abstracts, as well as the accepted papers, can be presented in English, French, Spanish, Catalan or Italian.

The proceedings of the Conference will be published, with their corresponding ISBN.

*The Conference is aimed at:*

· Undergraduate and graduate university students

· Post-graduate students

· Researchers in the fields of aesthetics and audiovisual communication

· University and non-university teachers

· Professionals in the audiovisual industry

Please, send your abstracts by March 30^th , 2012 to: (ivan.pintor /at/ upf.edu) <mailto:(ivan.pintor /at/ upf.edu)>&(mutacionesdelgesto /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(mutacionesdelgesto /at/ gmail.com)>

*Requisites*: brief curriculum vitae, address, e-mail address and contact telephone number.

* *

*Organized by:*

· CINEMA: Center for Aesthetic Research on Audiovisual Media

· Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (Communication Department) <http://www.upf.edu/depeca>

*Scientific committee:*

Dr. Alain Bergala, La Fémis
Dr. Nicole Brenez, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris III
Dr. Xavier Antich, Universitat de Girona
Dr. Raffaele Pinto, Universitat de Barcelona
Dr. Gino Frezza. Università degli Studi di Salerno
Dr. JordiBalló. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Director of the Master of Documentary at UPF
Dr. Alejandro Montiel, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia

*NEXT DEADLINES:*

Deadline for abstracts: March 30^th

Resolution of accepted proposals: April 12^th

The Conference will be held at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona), from May 31^st to June 2^nd

*CONGRESS REGISTRATION FEE (INCLUDES ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATE):*70 EUR

* *

You can follow all the news about the Conference on:

http://ocec.eu/congres-eng.html

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mutacionesdelgesto <http://www.facebook.com/mutacionesdelgesto>