[ecrea] Call for Contributions: new book about David Lynch's series "Twin Peaks"

Thu Mar 01 21:11:44 GMT 2012

   Dear Colleagues,

   Please feel free to circulate our current call for contributions to
   the forthcoming book "Fan Phenomena - Twin Peaks" published by
   Intellect Press (UK). It should be of particular interest for those
   involved in areas of reserach linked to film studies and/or popular
   culture.

   Kind regards,
   Marisa C. Hayes & Franck Boulègue:

   The editors of the forthcoming book "Fan Phenomena - Twin Peaks"
   (Intellect Press) are seeking contributions centered around the
   iconic cultural influence of David Lynch's series "Twin Peaks". The
   fan phenomena series addresses how characters and cult "universes"
   infiltrate the cultural consciousness. Topics suggested by the
   publisher include: Fashion, Fan Media, Language, Economics, Virtual,
   Influence, Philosophies, Character/Characterization. Deeper
   description of what these examinations entail can be found in the
   attached PDF.

   It's important to note that these are not meant to be weighty texts.
   The tone should be intellectually informed, but free of academic
   jargon and accessible to a general audience.

   If you are interested please thoroughly read the attached document
   before sending the editors a 200-300 word proposal and a CV,
   including a description of your previous written publications and
   areas of research, no later than March 15, 2012.

   The completed text will consist of 10 essays of roughly 3,000 --
   3,500 words each.

   Finally, the turn-around for the first publications of this series
   is a fast one. We will be turning in the final edited manuscript to
   Intellect on August 15th. Thus, please keep in mind the turn around
   time. If accepted, we will need completed contributions no later
   than June 1, 2012. We plan to have editorial notes and suggestions
   to you by July 1st, and will need final copy by July 30th.

   Best wishes,
   Franck Boulègue & Marisa C. Hayes
   Co-editors
   (franck /at/ videodansebourgogne.com)/marisa
   <http://franck%40videodansebourgogne.com/marisa>@videodansebourgogne.com
   <http://videodansebourgogne.com/marisa%40videodansebourgogne.com>