[ecrea] Workshop : New political communication and EU, Dubrovnik (Croatia), 28-29 May 2012

Mon Feb 06 13:24:37 GMT 2012

CfP "New Political Communication and EU", Dubrovnik (Croatia), 28-29 May 2012

*Workshop : New political communication and EU*
*Dubrovnik, Croatia, 28 - 29 May 2012*
Supported by the IPSA RC10

*Organized by the Faculty of Political Science
In partnership with DEL research network
*
*Call for papers*

IPSA's Research Committee 10 on Electronic Democracy and the Faculty of Political Science in partnership with DEL research network announce call for papers for the upcoming IPSA Workshop on "New political communication and European Union" that will be held in Dubrovnik, Inter University Center, Croatia from 28 to 29 May 2012. The Workshop is a part of the annual Information Technology and Journalism conference organized by the Faculty of Political Science in Zagreb and the Institute for New Media and E-Democracy that will take place from 29 of May to 1 of June 2012.

*Topics* :
. Transformation of political communication through new media
. Elections and the net campaigning
. Catching up with the net generation : governments, political parties and civil society
. The role of the new media in raising support for the EU
. EU institutions and the net
. Euroscepticism and the net
. Social networks, blogs and the EU

Interested participants should first submit an abstract (a 300-word outline) of their paper by 1 March, 2012, indicating clearly its subject and scope, and including a provisional title. The abstracts received will be peer-reviewed and authors will be notified of the outcome by 30 March, 2012.

Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to send the full paper by 10, May 2012. Full papers should not exceed 8,000 words in length, including notes and references. NOTE : The Proceedings will be published by the Faculty of Political Science in Zagreb, while Cambridge Scholars Publishing is interested in publishing papers from our conference as a special volume.

The conference language is English.

We invite individuals from academic and practical backgrounds as well as public administration offices, public bodies, NGOs, education institutions and independent organizations, to submit their contributions.

*Costs* :
EUR40 - for authors
EUR 75 - early bird rate for participants who register until March 15, 2012
EUR 95 - for participants who register after March 15, 2012

The fee includes conference entry, proceedings and social program during the conference.
Pre-conference social program is to be announced.

IMPORTANT : We are eager to announce that we will be giving three scholarships up to 500 Euros for accommodation and travel costs.

*Important dates* :
- Abstract submission : please submit *a 300-word abstract by 1 March, 2012*.
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts : 30 March, 2012
- Full paper submission : please submit the full paper by 10 May, 2012.
Workshop : 28 -- 29 May 2012
Conference : 29 May -- 1 June 2011

*Submissions*

Please send all submissions by electronic mail in pdf format to (milica /at/ edemokracija.hr) <mailto:(milica /at/ edemokracija.hr)> All submissions are subject to a double-blind full paper review by at least 2 reviewers. To facilitate the review process, please write a separate cover sheet with the paper title and affiliation/s and omit the affiliations in the actual paper.

Participants who are not contributors (i.e. who do not propose a paper) can apply through our web site www.edemocracyinstitute.eu. Please note that the number of non contributing participants is limited so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.

*For further information please visit : www.edemocracyinstitute.eu <http://www.edemocracyinstitute.eu> or www.edemokracija.hr <http://www.edemokracija.hr>*

Conference Chairs : (nenad /at/ edemokracija.hr), (domagoj /at/ edemokracija.hr)

*Contact Details* :
Prof. dr. Nenad Prelog <mailto:(nenad /at/ edemokracija.hr)> (president)
dr. Domagoj Bebic' <mailto:(domagoj /at/ edemokracija.hr)> (secretary general)
Milica Vuckovic (coordinator)
S(ibenska 1, 10 000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
t : 01 307 9113 f : 01 307 9113