Archive for publications, October 2022

[Commlist] Special Issue: Musicology on Screen (Screenworks Vol 12.2)

Wed Oct 26 21:36:02 GMT 2022

We are delighted to let you know that our Special Issue on Musicology on Screen has now been published in Volume 12.2 of Screenworks: the peer-reviewed online publication of practice research in screen media.

https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-12-2
Co-edited by Dr Estrella Sendra (King's College London and Associate Editor Screenworks), and guest editors Prof Barley Norton (Goldsmiths, University of London) and Dr Joseph Owen Jackson (SOAS, University of London). A key motivation for this issue was to provide a space to nurture the unique potential of artistic audiovisual research and to contribute to the production of knowledge in ways that expand the scope of the written text alone. We were especially interested in enhancing multidisciplinary approaches to sound, music and practice research by bringing together practice research on diverse screen media at the intersection between sound and image and in dialogue with the written word.

We will be launching the Special Issue at the SOAS Festival of Ideas, in the event ‘The Sound of Film’, where one of the contributors in this issue, Merje Laiapea, will speak about her work, in conversation with one of the editors, Dr Joseph Owen Jackson. The event is on Thursday 3 November from 5 to 7 pm at SOAS. BOOK HERE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-sound-of-film-tickets-416091419637?aff=ebdsoporgprofile