Archive for calls, November 2015

[ecrea] CFP: Digital Age in Semiotics & Communications

Sun Nov 08 09:31:56 GMT 2015

CFP: Digital Age in Semiotics & Communications On behalf of Kristian
Bankov . . .

*Call for papers*

/To whom it may concern/

Within the research program of the Southeast European Center for
Semiotic Studies, aimed at new forms of knowledge, of social and
linguistic interaction, and cultural values arising after the advent of
the internet, we are pleased to invite you to submit an article for the
first issue of the periodical /Digital Age in Semiotics & Communications/.

The purpose of forthcoming issues will be to provide a collaborative
work field for every scholar interested in researching new phenomena in
the dynamic digital world.

We are interested in working with scholars from different research and
applied fields, such as semiotics (both applied and theoretical),
communication studies, marketing and advertising, linguistics and
literature studies, anthropology and ethnography, cognitive science and
psychology, computer science.

Contributions on the following topics would be particularly welcome:

· New forms of knowledge;

· E-consumption;

· New forms of social relations in the time of social media;

· Transfer of experience arising from new media;

· New habits of communication and self-expression/representation;

· Online corporate communications;

· Digital narratology;

· Digital and e-fiction;

· Digital grammatology;

· Internet linguistics.

But we also welcome other topics within our journal’s framework.

The working languages of the journal are Bulgarian and English, and
papers in either language will be considered for publication.

This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the
reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and
vice versa, throughout the review process.

The journal will be published bi-annually by NBU Press.

Prof. Kristian Bankov, PhD
Secretary General of the International
Association for Semiotic Studies IASS/AIS
Head of the
Southeast European Center for Semiotic Studies
at New Bulgarian University
21 Montevideo str.; office 111
1618 Sofia
BULGARIA