Archive for calls, December 2012

[ecrea] Networking Knowledge Call for Reviewers

Fri Dec 07 17:47:04 GMT 2012

Call for Reviewers

Networking Knowledge is expanding, and with it, we are looking to expand on our pool of peer reviewers for the Editorial Board. The journal receives a high number of submissions in the field of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies, and new expertise and insight on these topics from postgraduates is always welcomed.

Networking Knowledge is an e-journal published by the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network (http://journalhosting.org/meccsa-pgn/index.php/netknow/). The Network brings together around 400 postgraduate and early-career researchers in the fields of media, communications, and cultural studies. The aim of Networking Knowledge is to provide a space where the best work of this thriving postgraduate community can be showcased, whilst encouraging debate across all levels of scholarship.

Networking Knowledge caters towards the research interests of MeCCSA members, so we welcome peer reviewers on any area of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies. However, we are currently editing a special issue on race and ethnicity in media and popular culture, so we are particularly interested in hearing from postgraduate students and early career researchers who have expertise in these areas.

Peer reviewing is a great chance to develop scholarly skills and is great to put on your CV. The role of peer reviewer involves the anonymous reviewing of one or (at most) two articles with your focus as reviewer to assess the article's academic standard. If you would like to participate in this excellent opportunity, please respond to this e-mail indicating your acceptance, and also your area of expertise, be that journalism, cultural studies, film and/or television studies, radio or Internet studies, or whichever area within media, communications and cultural studies you are comfortable reviewing.

Peer reviewing does not have to be too much work and is an essential part of academic life. So if you would like to take up this invitation please e-mail me (atrsanzs /at/ dmu.com)<mailto:(rsanzs /at/ dmu.com)>  and I will make sure you are included in the database, and as part of the Editorial Board on the Networking Knowledge website. Please do not forget to mention your area of research (broader than your specific topic).

Best wishes,
Ruth

Matthew Freeman, Editor

Ruth Sanz, Guest Editor and PGN Chair