Archive for publications, 2022

[Commlist] Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture 12.1 published (Special Issue: ‘British and Irish Radio: Radio and Audio in the Twenty-First Century in the United Kingdom and Ireland’)

Thu Mar 10 10:03:20 GMT 2022

Intellect is pleased to announce that Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture12.1 is out now!

Special Issue: ‘British and Irish Radio: Radio and Audio in the Twenty-First Century in the United Kingdom and Ireland’

For more information about the journal and issue click here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/interactions-studies-in-communication-culture <https://www.intellectbooks.com/interactions-studies-in-communication-culture>

Aims and Scope

Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culturerecognizes the interdisciplinary nature of the fields of media, communication and cultural studies and we therefore encourage diverse themes, subjects, contexts and approaches; empirical, theoretical and historical. Our objective is to engage readers and contributors from different parts of the world in a critical debate on the myriad of interconnections and interactions between communication, culture and society.

It is our intention to encourage the development of the widest possible scholarly community, both in terms of geographical location and intellectual scope and we will publish leading articles from both established scholars and those at the beginning of their careers.

Particular interests include, but are not limited to, work related to popular culture, media audiences, political economy, political communication, journalism studies, media institutions and practices, media and communication policy, community and alternative media, global media and online and social media.

Prospective guest editors may approach the editor with suggestions for themed issues or series.

Issue 12.1

Editorial

British and Irish radio: Radio and audio in the twenty-first century in the United Kingdom and Ireland <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00001>

JANEY GORDON

Articles

In defence of the virtues of traditional radio <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00002>

TONY STOLLER

Broadcast radio: Technology, challenges and opportunities in the twenty-first century <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00003>

LAWRIE HALLETT

The Radio Garden: Private pleasures and public benefits <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00004>

PETER LEWIS AND CAROLINE MITCHELL

No longer the only game in town: British indies, podcasts and the new audio economy of <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00005> independent production <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00005>

RICHARD BERRY

A snapshot of Irish radio 2021 <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00006>

ROSEMARY DAY

Save the wave: RTÉ longwave 252 and the ageing Irish diaspora in the United Kingdom <https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/iscc/2021/00000012/00000001/art00007>