Archive for publications, 2015

[ecrea] Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism, Issue 6

Tue Dec 22 20:10:45 GMT 2015

With the usual apologies for cross-posting, I am happy to announce that
the new open-access issue of*/Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism/* is
now available at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/moviejournal.

As well as general articles and book reviews, Issue 6 also features a
dossier on /The Best Years of Our Lives/, and a themed series of
engagements with moments of film and television texture. Contents below.

In addition, also newly available for download on our site is a (free)
ebook <http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/ebooks> of John
Gibbs’ study /Filmmakers’ Choices/.

Enjoy the holiday reading!

*_Issue 6, Contents:_*

Use No Hooks: Maurice Pialat / Manny Farber
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/martin_use_no_hooks.pdf>

Adrian Martin

Only in Dreams: /The Big Sleep/ and Hollywood Fantasy
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/deyo_only_in_dreams.pdf>

Nathanial Deyo

/Déjà Vu: Textures of Time/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/christiansen_textures_of_time.pdf>

Steen Ledet Christiansen

*_Moments of Texture_*

Introduction
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/moments_of_texture_introduction.pdf>

Lucy Fife Donaldson

/Brokeback Mountain/: A Toast
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/obrien_a_toast.pdf>

Adam O'Brien

Surfaces, Textures and the Long Take in /Death Line/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/banks_death_line.pdf>

Ian Banks

Reading Space in /Cracker/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/donaldson_reading_space.pdf>

Lucy Fife Donaldson

Passing Time in /Frances Ha/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/zborowski_frances_ha.pdf>

James Zborowski

//

*/_The Best Years of Our Lives_/**_: A Dossier_*

Introduction
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/best_years_of_our_lives_dossier.pdf>

James MacDowell

Among My Souvenirs: Couples, Conventions and the America to Come in /The
Best Years of Our Lives/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/pillai_among_my_souvenirs.pdf>

Nicolas Pillai

Performance and Style in /The Best Years of Our Lives/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/thomas_performance_and_style.pdf>

Sarah Thomas

Black Extras in /The Best Years of Our Lives/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/neale_black_extras.pdf>

Steve Neale

Viewing the World in /Till the End of Time/
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/gallafent_viewing_the_world.pdf>

Edward Gallafent

*_Book Reviews_*

/A Companion to Jean-Luc Godard/(Tom Conley, T. Jefferson Kline, eds)
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/morrey_book_review.pdf>

             Douglas Morrey

/Découpage/(Timothy Barnard)
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/pye_book_review.pdf>

Douglas Pye

This issue has been edited and designed by Lucy Fife Donaldson and James
MacDowell.

/Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism/is an annually appearing, refereed
open-access journal committed to publishing rigorous but accessible
critical writing that is responsive to the detailed texture and artistry
of film and television, old and new.

All the best,

Dr. James MacDowell

Assistant Professor in Film & Television Studies, University of Warwick