Archive for publications, 2015

[ecrea] New Book & E-Book: Play it again, Vilém! Medien und Spiel im Anschluß an Vilém Flusser

Sun Mar 15 22:09:56 GMT 2015

We are dedicated to a creative dialogue on Vilém Flusser's thinking and are
especially pleased about our new book on Media and Game bearing fruit of our
inspiring international interchange of ideas.

Just released: Play it again, Vilém! Medien und Spiel im Anschluß an Vilém
Flusser (Co-ed. with Hermann Haarmann&  Michael Hanke, Tectum, 2015)
*with many thanks to the authors Suzana Alpsancar, Guido Bröckling, Rodrigo
Duarte, Gunter Gebauer, Rainer Guldin, Michael Hanke, Matthias Kroß, Frauke A.
Kurbacher, Florian Rötzer, Steffi Winkler and Siegfried Zielinski
*and special thanks to Miguel Flusser and the Vilém Flusser Archive for the to
date unpublished Flusser text "Private und öffentliche Räume" (1979).
<http://www.tectum-verlag.de/play-it-again-vilem.html>
*Preview:<https://fu-berlin.academia.edu/SteffiWinkler>

Play and media belong to human culture, the more so the further the
computerisation and mediatisation of society proceeds. All this takes up a
central position for Vilém Flusser, one of the pioneers of communication and
media culture philosophy, and gave rise to dedicate the topic of media and
game to the II. International Symposium on Media Culture after Vilém Flusser
2014 in Berlin. The guiding idea was to promote intensive scientific exchange
by means of instigator short presentations and subsequent joint discussions,
whose suggestions were outstandingly seized into the elaborated articles of
these conference proceedings.

Moreover we just released the e-book version of our 2013 Flusser conference
proceedings "Vom Begriff zum Bild: Medienkultur nach Vilém Flusser"
*with contributions of Cesar Baio, Oliver Bidlo, Guido Bröckling, Rodrigo
Duarte, Erick Felinto, Rainer Guldin, Michael Hanke, Alex Heilmair, Fabrizio
Augusto Poltronieri, Vanessa Ramos-Velasquez, Lucia Santaella, Andreas Ströhl
and Steffi Winkler
*and with the to date unpublished German Flusser text "Ikonoklastie" (1978).
<http://www.tectum-verlag.de/vom-begriff-zum-bild.html>

With best regards
as well on behalf of the co-editors Hermann Haarmann (FU) and Michael Hanke
(UFRN), who facilitated the I. and II. International Symposium on Media
Culture after Vilém Flusser in Natal (2012) and Berlin (2014),
Steffi Winkler