Archive for publications, 2015

[ecrea] New Book: Developing Cultural Industries

Wed Feb 25 17:50:23 GMT 2015

I am pleased to announce that my book is now available:

Developing Cultural Industries: Learning from the Palimpsest of Practice
Christiaan De Beukelaer

Exploring the connection between culture and broader goals of human development, this research focuses on cultural and creative industries in what is commonly referred to as 'developing countries'. Christiaan De Beukelaer offers a thorough exploration of how the concepts of cultural and creative industries are constructed and implemented across African countries and evaluates various policy implications of his findings. Combining an empirical study of the cultural industries of Africa with an understanding towards broader insights regarding global implications of the European debate surrounding creative industries, De Beukelaer's work will greatly benefit our thinking on cultural policy. The Open Access PDF is available on my Academia profile and on the website of the European Cultural Foundation. Print copies will be available at the book launch in Amsterdam on 23 March at Boekman Foundation.

Thank you for your consideration,
Christiaan

Christiaan De Beukelaer
Lecturer in Cultural Management