Archive for publications, 2015

[ecrea] New Online Journal "gamevironments. games, religion, and stuff"

Wed Jan 07 21:32:17 GMT 2015

we are excited to announce the launch of the new international and
multidiciplinary online journal "gamevironments. games, religion, and
stuff"!

Video games today are unquestionable an important factor in cultural
and religious socialization and the rapidly influential gaming sector
of media brought about and requires a specific academic discourse.
This new academic peer-reviewed online journal, the first of its kind,
aims at establishing and fostering a platform for such discussions.

The journal’s title, gamevironments, indicates that in our
understanding, researching video games is not limited to the
established media-centered approaches. On the contrary, also the
‘games/gaming’ – ‘environments’ need to be highlighted, and they are
suitably tackled with actor-centered approaches. Gamevironments in our
understanding consist of both, the technical environments of video
games/gaming and the cultural environments of video games/gaming. The
journal welcomes contributions applying all approaches and
highlighting all fields of investigation related to video games/gaming
and religion, culture, and society.

The inaugural issue was launched on 31 December at
http://www.gamevironments.com.
There will be one regular issue per year and additonally special
issues, for all of which we will publish call for papers.

Welcome to explore the journal and we are looking forward to your
contributions:)

Happy New Year!
Kerstin Radde-Antweiler&  Xenia Zeiler
(editors-in-chief)