Archive for publications, 2011

[ecrea] New book: Elections and the Media in Post-conflict Africa

Mon Sep 12 15:08:37 GMT 2011

I'm very pleased to inform you that my last book, intitled "Elections
and the Media in Post Conflict Africa. Votes and Voices for Peace ?" is
now out of press at Zed Books.

The book describes how, in 6 countries in Central Africa (The Democratic
Republic of Congo, Burundi, Chad, Central African Republic, Republic of
Congo and Rwanda), pluralist elections were recently organized in a post
conflict context. It shows which were the challenges facing the local
media to report on those elections, as their role was even more crucial
in countries where the media had previously being perceived as
warmongers or peace-builders in the conflicts.

You can find information about the book at the following address :

http://www.zedbooks.co.uk/book/paperback/2011/elections-and-media-post-conflict-africa

I hope you enjoy reading it and I would be pleased to exchange views
with you about its content !

Best Regards,

Pr Marie-Soleil Frère

--