Archive for publications, 2011

[ecrea] Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media - Issue 1

Tue Aug 16 15:28:00 GMT 2011

Dear Colleagues

We are delighted to announce the launch of Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media, an open-access and fully peer-reviewed journal based at Film Studies at University College Cork. The inaugural issue, edited by doctoral and post-doctoral researchers at UCC is a special, themed issue that examines contemporary European film from the perspectives of transnationalism, transmediality and transculturalism. It is now available online at www.alphavillejournal.com.
Alphaville, which will be published twice yearly, aims to be a dynamic international forum for original work by doctoral, postdoctoral and early career researchers in Film and Screen Media. We seek work that engages with and speaks to debates that are current today, or are about to become so, through our ongoing open and themed calls for papers.  The journal also welcomes festival and conference reports and book reviews, as well as print, audio and filmed interviews. We aim to utilise the online platform to its full capacity and to explore the interfaces between cinema and all new media.

Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media Issue 1 (Summer 2011)

Contents:

Editorial
Back to the Future: The European Film Studies Agenda Today
Laura Rascaroli

Issue Editors’ Note
Abigail Keating, Jill Murphy and Aidan Power

Articles
Transnationality and Transitionality: Sandra Kogut’s The Hungarian Passport
Natália Pinazza

Paris, Borders and the Concept of Europe in Paris, je t’aime and Code Unknown
Vivien Silvey

Lindsay Anderson: Britishness and National Cinemas
Isabelle Gourdin-Sangouard

The Fictive Archive: Kurdish Filmmaking in Turkey
Özgür Çiçek

Ideas of Sex: Discourses on Sexuality in Liliana Cavani’s The Night Porter and Cesare Canevari’s The Gestapo’s Last Orgy
Nick Impey

Cinema/History: Philippe Garrel, Bernardo Bertolucci and May 1968
Michael Leonard

Face to Face with the Muslim “Other”: European Cinematic Responses to Al-Qaeda
Elena Caoduro

Book Reviews and Festival and Conference Reports

Email: (alphavillejournal /at/ gmail.com)

Issue 2, Winter 2011, Space and Time in Film.

Issue 3, Summer 2012, Sound, Voice, Music.

CFP: http://www.alphavillejournal.com/CallforPapers.html

Abigail Keating (Co-editor of Issue 1 and on behalf of the Alphaville Editorial Board)
University College Cork