[ecrea] Strange New Worlds New Frontiers in Cinema and Television Conference

Tue May 19 15:30:29 GMT 2015

The Cinema and Television History Research Centre  (CATH) presents:

        *STRANGE NEW WORLDS: NEW FRONTIERS IN CINEMA AND TELEVISION
        *A Postgraduate Conference

*REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN - for further details please visit the CATH In
Motion blog <https://cathpostgrad.wordpress.com/strange-new-worlds/>
*Featuring a keynote address from Dr Helen Wheatley (Warwick University)

*Thursday 18th June 2015, 12:00 – 18:00* – /Full conference programme to
be released shortly./
De Montfort University, Clephan Building, Leicester

This year’s conference addresses questions of how we as scholars and
audiences negotiate our relationship to the technologised cinema and
explores how we can better understand the role that technology, and our
awareness of it, plays into the production, distribution and reception
of television and cinema. The conference will have two key themes: *New
Frontiers in Distribution and Reception *and *New Frontiers in
Technological Innovation.*
*
*
--
*Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre Postgraduates*

Room 3.06J
School of Media and Communication
Clephan Building
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH

e: (cath.postgrad /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(cath.postgrad /at/ gmail.com)>
w: http://cathpostgrad.wordpress.com/