[ecrea] Call for Papers: TFTV Postgraduate Symposium at University of York

Thu Apr 23 09:19:53 GMT 2015

*Call for Papers: /Rethinking Approaches in Theatre and Media/*

Our annual postgraduate symposium will be held at the Department of
Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media, University of York on
1st June 2015.

We are currently calling for papers and submissions of creative work
under the theme of /Rethinking Approaches in Theatre and Media/. The
deadline for entry is *Friday 15th May 2015 at 5pm*. [...]

Many thanks

Fiona
(fk632 /at/ YORK.AC.UK)

--
Fiona Keenan
PhD Student
Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
University of York

+++

Call for Papers: Rethinking Approaches in Theatre and Media

Keynote Speakers:
Marcus Romer, Artistic Director, Pilot Theatre
(Second Keynote TBC)

The Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media is currently welcoming proposals from postgraduate students for our annual postgraduate symposium. This event seeks to encourage a wide array of research interests in theatre, film, television and interactive media. Possible topics can include, but are by no means limited to, the following areas within our main theme of Rethinking Approaches:

    Critical Theory
    Reflections on Creative Practice, Creative Practice as Research
    Transmediality and Intertexuality
    Performance and Media Histories
    Interactive Storytelling
    Genre, Gender and Race in Theatre and Media
    Media Production and Reflections on Media Production
    Global approaches to Theatre and Media

We are particularly open to presentations incorporating less traditional research methods, including demonstrations of practical and creative work.

Please send abstracts of 200-300 words to Fiona Keenan ((fk632 /at/ york.ac.uk)). Our participants will have 15 minutes to deliver their paper, in order to leave time for discussion. The deadline for entry is Friday 15th May 2015 at 5pm and we aim to respond to all submissions by 22nd May.