Archive for calls, July 2015

[ecrea] BAFTSS 2016 First CFP

Fri Jul 10 15:47:22 GMT 2015

BAFTSS 2016 University of Reading April 14-16 2016

First Call for Papers

Trans/media: Trans/national Screens

Individual and Panel Proposals are invited for the April 2016 BAFTSS
conference at the University of Reading. At a time when distinctions
between national boundaries and between media platforms are increasingly
fluid, we wish to interrogate the many ‘in-betweens’ that this fluidity
gives rise to. We also want to embrace the very concept of how not only
form but identity is in a state of flux and transports us from one
position to another. Keynote speakers (to be announced in due course)
embrace and question these spaces and networks and, as more academic
works from a new generation of screen analysts who identify with neither
old nor new media come to the forefront, being trans- seems to
encapsulate post-postmodernity. Examples of topics can be found below,
but papers are invited examining all screen forms and subjects beyond
the thematic list below.

·Transmedia

·Adaptation

·Transnational stars

·International television and the impact of the contemporary epic

·Questioning national identities

·European identities

·Policy, Regulation and Funding

·Transnational genres on all screen platforms

·Trans… identities

·Transnational versus international

·Historical transnationality (e.g. early cinema, émigré directors and
performers, industry collaborations)

To submit a proposal, email Anna Claydon at (eac14 /at/ le.ac.uk) for a
proposal form. The deadline for proposals in October 14th 2015.
Proposals will be reviewed and decisions communicated during December.

We aim to keep the conference fee as low as we can and there will be a
substantial discount for PGR, non-salaried and retired conference
attendees but the conference fee (which will not include accommodation
or the conference dinner) will not be announced until we have a rough
idea of numbers based on paper submissions and can set the price
accordingly.

To present at BAFTSS you must be a member. Membership runs January to
December; you can join at www.baftss.org using PayPal.

All best wishes

Anna

BAFTSS Conference Committee Co-Chair and BAFTSS Treasurer

*Dr E. Anna Claydon SFHEA*

*Director of IDeoGRAMS, College of Social Sciences Director of PGT
Programmes*

Department of Media and Communication

University of Leicester

Bankfield House, 132 New Walk

Leicester LE1 7JP UK

*E: *(eac14 /at/ le.ac.uk)/(e.anna.claydon /at/ gmail.com)
<mailto:(eac14 /at/ le.ac.uk)/(e.anna.claydon /at/ gmail.com)>