Archive for calls, October 2012

[ecrea] Radio 2013 CFP

Wed Oct 03 05:23:06 GMT 2012

We have had an excellent response to the first call for papers and these
will be blind peer reviewed and the authors notified shortly in order
that they can apply for funding if necessary.  However we have also been
contacted by some UK and EU colleagues who are just starting the
academic year and have asked for a little more time to submit abstracts.
Consequently we are putting out a second cfp which will close on Friday
9th November 2013, with notification by  31st December 2012Below is the
original cfp or see
http://www.beds.ac.uk/radio2013/call-for-papers
 Abstracts should be submitted (toradio2013 /at/ beds.ac.uk)  by 9th November
2012

Call for Papers

We welcomeproposals for papers, panels, presentations of practice,
including radioprogrammes, for peer review for the July 9th-12th
2012conference, across the full range of interests concerning the medium
of radio.

Instructionsfor Individual Contributors:
Abstractsof 250 words for
•                        papers
•                        panels
•                        presentationsof practice including radio
programmes

shouldbe submitted for peer review (atradio2013 /at/ beds.ac.uk)  by Friday
9th November 2012.Proposers will be notified of proposal acceptance.
Please indicate if adecision is required by an early date.

Panels
Fullpanel proposals should include a short description and rationale
(200 words)along with abstracts for each of the papers (250 words each)
and the name ofthe person chairing, contact details for all panelists
and technicalrequirements.
Panelistsshould indicate if they are willing to be considered
separately.
Practice
We arekeen to support the presentation of practice related to papers in
particularwhen there is insufficient time to present full work during
paper presentation.To this end we have allocated a presentation space
for practice artefacts,which includes radio programming and other audio
material, screenings and computerbased work. For practice submissions
please include specific technicalrequirements (e.g. duration, format)
and an URL pointing to practice supportmaterial.
RadioBroadcasts
Radio LaB97.1fm is our community radio station, sited in the University
of Bedfordshire’scampus, we would like to encourage delegates to take
part in our radioprogrammes during the conference and also to submit
programmes for broadcast onRadio LaB as a part of the conference
proceedings. Please submit a radioprogramme outline of approximately 250
words.
(Programmesfor broadcast on Radio LaB 97.1fm need to be in English and
adhere to UKstandards of taste and decency and to legal and copyright
requirements.)
Themes

We encouragescholars, teachers and broadcasters to consider
contributions from local,national or international perspectives. We
actively encourage diverseapproaches and interests in the field of radio
studies and welcome the inclusionof all radio related themes. Some broad
thematic areas for consideration are:

•   community and local radio
•   public service and commercial radio
•   music radio
•   radio histories
•   global radio stories
•   radio pedagogies
•   radio and social impact
•   radio and new media technologies
•   defining cultural identities on radio

Dr Janey Gordon
Radio LaB 97.1 co ordinator
University of Bedfordshire