Archive for calls, June 2012

[ecrea] CFP: Communication Studies

Wed Jun 27 17:57:52 GMT 2012

> I enclose the url related to the call for papers in the journal Communication Studies
> http://www.ec.ubi.pt/ec/call.html.
> I draw attention to some elements

> The next issue of " Communication Studies" (Estudos em Comunicação), will be published in December 2012 by Labcom (Online Communication Lab of the University of Beira Interior, Portugal). The essays may use one the following languages: English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. The Editors of "Studies in Communication" are seeking for original, previously unpublished and completed contributions on the general subject of Communication Sciences.
>
> Manuscript submission: November 8, 2012
>
> Acceptance notification: December 8, 2012
>
> Publication: December 2012
>
> Working languages: English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
>
> Bibliographical Rules
> 1. A. STANDARDS for 'ARTICLES'
>
> Before submitting an article, each Author should make sure that his/her text adheres to the following format standards for publication:
>
> * Font - single-space; 11-point Tahoma font; bold and italics rather than underlining (except URL addresses). > * Tables/Graphs - insert within the text at the appropriate places rather that at the end of your doc. > * Pictures/Videos/Audios - insert within the text at the appropriate places rather that at the end of your doc. Also, submit these images/video/audio files as separate files to be stored on OBS* server (upload them as suplementary files).
>     * Style and Bibliography Standards - please use the APA styleguide.
> * Title - concise and informative. Please remove the information of authors' names, emails, and affiliations for double-blind review process. > * Abstract - no more than 200 words. (note: if your text is written in a language other than English, please submit both an original and an english version of your abstract, title, and keywords). Keywords - 3 to 6 keywords. > * URL - all URL addresses in the text and bibliography/references should be active and ready to click. > * Lenght of articles - 30 pages maximum Permissions - Authors are required to obtain permissions to reproduce previously copyrighted materials from other sources in both print and electronic form.
>
> 1. B. STANDARDS for 'RESEARCH REVIEWS'
>
> Before submitting, each Author should make sure that his/her text adheres to the following format standards for publication:
>
>     * Theme's Title - concise and informative
>     * Lenght - 5 pages (maximum)
> * Font - single-space; 8-point font; Tahoma font font Tables/Figures/Illustrations/Audio or Video Files - place within the text at the appropriate sections rather that at the end. > * URL - all URL addresses in the text should be active and ready to click.
>     * Style and Bibliography Standards - please use the APA style guide.
> [...]

The main guidelines of the Journal editorial policy are oriented to the concepts of "citizenship" and "participation", understood from a communicational point of view, involving processes and devices of knowledge circulation and opinion formation in the political field in general, and in specific areas of public policy such as health, education, science culture, public opinion, gender and identity.

As examples of priority interests areas one finds the following: journalism and public opinion; citizen, participatory and public journalism; responsibility and accountability of institutions, governments and companies; media and public sphere; social movements in the areas of environment, science, health, ecology, culture, identity and gender; media and political parties; political representation; new forms of online participation; methods of analysis of participation; digital democracy; media, deliberation and participation; communitarian communication; communication and development; policies of recognition and comparative studies of communication in different geographical and cultural contexts, among others.

"Communication Studies" is intended to include various approaches, methodologies and lines of research, defining itself as a journal of Communication Sciences with an interdisciplinary profile and open to a plurality of methods.

The journal "Communication Studies" accepts articles in different areas of Communication Sciences, journalism studies, advertising, public relations, media studies, reception studies, political communication, communication theories, communication epistemology, sociology of communication and other related fields.
[PT]