Archive for calls, June 2012

[ecrea] Visualisation Conference: Imaging Technology Truth and Trust

Tue Jun 05 03:21:16 GMT 2012

We invite people to attend or to apply to give a short talk (10-15 minutes)=
 or poster at our European Science Foundation conference, =93Images and Vis=
ualisation: Imaging Technology, Truth and Trust=94 on the 17th to 21st Sept=
ember, 2012. The aim of this conference is to bring together experts from a=
cross the natural and social sciences, with curators, artists, producers an=
d users of images based on advanced visual engineering. The conference will=
 be interested in the construction, circulation and interpretation of image=
s from across the sciences with a specific interest in articulating common =
issues and differences across the scales of representation. For more inform=
ation please see the conference website or contact the organisers. If you=
=92d like to discuss a potential presentation then do please get in touch w=
ith Annamaria Carusi ((anc /at/ sund.ku.dk)).

Some funding is available and this may cover costs of the conference and/or=
 travel fees for accepted proposals. Submissions are particularly welcome f=
rom PhD students and early career scholars. Decisions on presentations and =
funding will be made on the basis of merit and relevance.

The conference already has a stellar list of speakers, please see the progr=
amme here:http://www.esf.org/activities/esf-conferences/details/2012/confd=
etail385/385-preliminary-programme.html
To apply to present at what we hope will be an exciting and productive even=
t please complete the registration form here:http://www2.esf.org/asp/esfrc=
af.asp?confcode=3D385&meetno=3D1
If you would like to attend the conference but not to speak or present a po=
ster then of course you are welcome and we encourage you to register using =
the link above.
The conference website is here:http://www.esf.org/index.php?id=3D9115

DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION/APPLICATIONS: 15th June 2012
Andy Balmer, Brigitte Nerlich and Annamaria Carusi

<(annamaria.carusi /at/ ntnu.no)>