Archive for publications, 2022

[Commlist] New Book: Back to the Stone Age: Race and Prehistory in Contemporary Culture

Thu Dec 15 17:13:25 GMT 2022

Ben Pitcher's new book is published today.

/Back to the Stone Age: Race and Prehistory in Contemporary Culture/ explores how ideas about race are woven into the powerful origin stories we use to explain who we are, where we came from, and what we are like. For more information, see https://www.benpitcher.com/ <https://www.benpitcher.com/>

If you are interested in reviewing the book, or if you’d like to invite me to speak about it, please get in contact. I’d love to hear from you.

/Back to the Stone Age/ is published by McGill-Queen’s University Press. https://tinyurl.com/ypzjwut5 <https://tinyurl.com/ypzjwut5>

The paperback retails at £29.99/$39.95.

You can get a 30% discount if you order direct from the UK distributor, which works out as £24.50 including delivery. Details here: https://tinyurl.com/m7h7mnmf <https://tinyurl.com/m7h7mnmf>

Come to my book launch and reception at 309 Regent St, London, on the evening of Friday 27 January 2023, when I’ll be in conversation with Vron Ware, Subhadra Das, and Sivamohan Valluvan. Book a free ticket here: https://tinyurl.com/3kzc3uza <https://tinyurl.com/3kzc3uza>