Archive for publications, February 2022

[Commlist] Global Media Journal - German Edition: Special Issue out now "Global Digital Media from Intersectional, Queerfeminist and Post- and Decolonial Perspectives"

Wed Feb 09 13:37:33 GMT 2022

The Autumn/Winter 2021 issue of the GLOBAL MEDIA JOURNAL – GERMAN EDITION, Vol. 11 No. 2, is out now.

*Special Issue: Global Digital Media from Intersectional, Queerfeminist and Post- and Decolonial Perspectives*

Guest Editors: Anna Antonakis & Ricarda Drüeke

Please visit our re-designed website https://globalmediajournal.de <https://globalmediajournal.de/> and enjoy reading our special issue:

/*Editorial*/

Anna Antonakis & Ricarda Drüeke: Global Digital Media: Interventions from Intersectional, Queerfeminist and Postcolonial Perspectives

//

/*Peer-Reviewed Articles*/

Yener Bayramoğlu: Shady Ancestors: Queering digital diaspora research

Nazlı Bülay Doğan: Online humor targeting women on Turkish digital media platforms: An intersectional approach to digital violence

Julia Trzcińska: Women and Women’s Rights Narratives on Polish Twitter in Light of the Abortion Issue

Trust Matsilele, Shepherd Mpofu, Mbongeni Msimanga, Lungile Tshuma: Transnational hashtag protest movements and emancipatory politics in Africa: A three country study

/*Essays*/

Anouk Madörin: Fungibility at the border: selfies, proxies, and (faux) self-representations in the European border regime

Katharina Mosene, Matthias C. Kettemann: Noch einmal kurz die Welt retten: Machtkritische Perspektiven auf digitale Emanzipationsgewinne

/*Book Reviews*/

María Elena Cepeda: Angharad N. Valdivia (2020): The Gender of Latinidad: Uses and Abuses of Hybridity

Pauline Gidget Estella, Martin Löffelholz: Daniela V. Dimitrova (ed.) (2021): Global Journalism: Understanding World Media Systems

Marcus Kreutler: Yahya R. Kamalipour (ed.) (2021): Global Media Perceptions of the United States. The Trump Effect

/*Aims and Scope*/

The /Global Media Journal – German Edition/ is an open access, peer-reviewed journal for the publication of scholarly contributions dealing with issues of international, transnational, intercultural and transcultural communication and media. No article processing charges (APCs) are incurred. Articles can be submitted any time for our various sections (peer-review, essays, from the field, graduate section, book reviews). We are also open to discuss guest-edited issues.

We look forward to receiving your feedback about the new issue and our new website. You can get in touch with Katharina Noetzold via gmj(at)uni-erfurt.de or katharina.noetzold(at)fu-berlin.de