Archive for publications, 2017

[ecrea] "Infancy Online" special issue of Social Media + Society now online

Wed Jun 07 15:48:15 GMT 2017

The 'Infancy Online' special issue of Social Media + Society, co-edited by Bjorn Nansen and me, is now available online: http://journals.sagepub.com/page/sms/collections/special-issues/infancy-online

Infancy Online: An Introduction
Tama Leaver, Bjorn Nansen.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707193

BabyVeillance? Expecting Parents, Online Surveillance and the Cultural Specificity of Pregnancy Apps
Veronica Barassi.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707188

Intimate Surveillance: Normalizing Parental Monitoring and Mediation of Infants Online
Tama Leaver.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707192

Images of Breastfeeding on Instagram: Self-Representation, Publicness, and Privacy Management
Elisabetta Locatelli.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707190

Mothering on Facebook: Exploring the Privacy/Openness Paradox
Charlotte Chalklen and Heather Anderson.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707187

Mummy Blogs and Representations of Motherhood: “Bad Mummies” and Their Readers
Kate Orton-Johnson.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707186

YouTube Kids: The App Economy and Mobile Parenting
Benjamin Burroughs.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707189

#familygoals: Family Influencers, Calibrated Amateurism, and Justifying Young Digital Labor
Crystal Abidin.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305117707191

As always SM+S is open access, so every article is free to read and access from anywhere.

Bjorn and I would like to thank to Zizi Papacharissi for supporting our special issue, Stacy Blasiola for all the behind the scenes wrangling to get all the papers actually published, everyone who took part as a peer reviewer, ensuring these papers were the best they could possibly be, and thanks as well to all our fabulous contributors. This is an issue which really highlights an important emerging area looking at how very young people are being portrayed, surveyed, datafied and performed online!