Archive for publications, 2017

[ecrea] Borderlands Issue 15.1, Space, Places and Social Control

Sun Feb 19 23:40:06 GMT 2017

I'm happy to advise that issue 15.1 of borderlands is now available online:

http://www.borderlands.net.au/issues/vol15no1.html

The contributions from Laura Landertinger, Rebecca Fowler, Marijn Nieuwenhuis, Louise Katz, Elizabeth Ellison and Lesley Hawkes address the concept of 'space' as a strategic resource from diverse perspectives and on a wide variety of sociopolitical issues, as we have outlined in the Introduction. Their work develops a 'return' to, or reconsideration of, space motivated by the dominance of neoliberal globalisation: an uneven, violent, and exclusionary assemblage of power and practices that is causing massive inequalities and environmental crisis. It is to this terrain of debate that this issue of Borderlands contributes.

My thanks to Tony for his help and to Vijay for his valuable input and guidance in the production of this issue. My sincere thanks also to all the authors who contributed, for the commitment reflected in your writing and for your patient understanding during the publication process, it is much appreciated.