Archive for publications, 2016

[ecrea] Out now - Issue 11 (2016) of "online - Heidelberg Journal of Religions on the Internet"

Fri Dec 30 13:33:11 GMT 2016

We proudly present the newest issue 10 (2016) of online - Heidelberg Journal of Religions on the Internet!

After tackling a nearly grotesque heap of technical mishaps, we have finally managed to compile our brand new edition of Online - Heidelberg Journal of Religions on the Internet.

The article again cover a wide range of subjects and themes, starting with a case study of conflicts on Facebooks (Mona Abdel-Fadil), general considerations on researching religion in digital games (Frank G. Bosman), the importance of Web 2.0 for female jihadists (Claudia Carvalho), the use of Facebook in the context of a prophetic church in Botswana (Gabriel Faimau & Camden Behrens), a best-practice study of the augmented reality app "Aurasma" for religious education (Polykarpos Karamouzis & Michalis Keffalas), the use of religious terms on Wikipedia (Emad Mohamed), religious attitudes of travel bloggers (Tom van Nuenen & Suzanne van der Beek), religion as factor in age rating video games in Iran (Stefan Piasecki & Setareh Malekpour), Catholic online communication (Moisés Sbardelotto) and Catholic confessional apps (Sasha A.Q. Scott).

To all our readers: Enjoy! And have a Happy New Year 2017!
Simone Heidbrink & Tobias Knoll
(editorial team)