Archive for publications, 2016

[ecrea] Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture - Issue 7.2 released

Mon Sep 12 11:44:03 GMT 2016

It is my great pleasure to inform you about the online publication of a new issue of 'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' (Volume 7, Issue 2) by Intellect, which is now available at
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-issue,id=3079/

Table of Contents

Editorial
Salvatore Scifo (Bournemouth University)

From victims to perpetrators: Cultural representations of the link between the Holocaust and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
Liat Steir-Livny (Sabir Academic College and The Open University of Israel)

Representations of disability in Turkish television health shows: Neo-liberal articulations of family, religion and the medical approach
Dikmen Bezmez and Ergin Bulut (Koc University)

'I Have a Drone': Internet memes and the politics of culture
Kevin Howley (DePauw University)

Facebook and political participation: Virtuous circle and participation intermediaries
Isidoropaolo Casteltrione (Queen Margaret University)

ICT uses by 14-20-year-olds in India: Imperatives of parental intervention
Rajesh Kumar (Doon University)

The political economy of WikiLeaks: Transparency and accountability through digital and alternative media Kathy Dobson (Carleton University) and Jeremy Hunsinger (Wilfrid Laurier University)

About the journal
Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture recognizes the interdisciplinary nature of the fields of media, communication and cultural studies and we therefore encourage diverse themes, subjects, contexts and approaches; empirical, theoretical and historical. Our objective is to engage readers and contributors from different parts of the world in a critical debate on the myriad interconnections and interactions between communication, culture and society. It is our intention to encourage the development of the widest possible scholarly community, both in terms of geographical location and intellectual scope and we will publish leading articles from both established scholars and those at the beginning of their careers. Particular interests include, but are not limited to, work related to Popular Culture, Media Audiences, Political Economy, Political Communication, Journalism Studies, Media Institutions and Practices, Media and Communication Policy, Community and Alternative Media, Global Media and Online and Social Media.

Prospective guest editors may approach the Editor with suggestions for themed issues or series.

Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture is a journal published by Intellect.

For further information, please visit the journal's webpage at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/

Currently open call for papers

Volume 8 / Issue 2: Suicide and the Media
Guest Editors: Heather Sutherland (Newcastle University) and Gabriel Moreno (Northumbria University)
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 30 September 2016
Publication date: July 2017
Call for Papers at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/MediaManager/File/ISCC_CfP_8-2.pdf
Guest Editor's blog at https://mediaandsuicide.wordpress.com/

Volume 8 / Issue 3: Societies in Flux: Media, Democratisation, and Political Socialization Guest Editors: Nael Jebril (Bournemouth University), Matthew Loveless (Center for Research and Social Progress), and Jamie Matthews (Bournemouth University)
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 23 September 2016
Publication date: November 2017
Call for Papers at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/MediaManager/File/ISCC_CfP_8-3.pdf

Editor: Salvatore Scifo (Bournemouth University)
Associate Editor: Alessandro D'Arma (University of Westminster)