Archive for publications, May 2015

[ecrea] new issue - [in]Transition: Journal of Videographic Film and ,Moving Image Studies

Tue May 26 08:31:08 GMT 2015

*/JUST PUBLISHED! [in]Transition: Journal of Videographic Film and
Moving Image Studies
<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/theme-week/2015/21/journal-videographic-film-moving-image-studies-22-2015>/,
2.2, 2015
<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/theme-week/2015/21/journal-videographic-film-moving-image-studies-22-2015>*

  * *Spaghettis in Translation

<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/2015/05/25/spaghettis-translation>* by
    *Austin Fisher*. An audiovisual response to Michelle Cho, "Genre,
    Translation, and Transnational Cinema: Kim Jee-woon’s /The Good, the
    Bad, the Weird/", /Cinema Journal/, 54.3, Spring 2015

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.cho.html>
  * *Against the Real

<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/2015/05/25/against-real>* by
    *Cristina Álvarez López and Adrian Martin.* An audiovisual response
    to Sarah O'Brien, "/Nous revenons à nos moutons/: Regarding Animals
    in Charles Burnett’s /Killer of Sheep/," /Cinema Journal/, 54.3,
    Spring 2015

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.o-brien.html>
  * *So’s Nephew by Remes (thanx to Michael Snow) by Jorrie Penn Croft

<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/2015/05/25/sos-nephew-remes-thanx-michael-snow-jorrie-penn-croft>* by
    *Jennifer Proctor*. An audiovisual adaptation of Justin Remes,
    “Boundless

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.remes.html>Ontologies:
    Michael Snow, Wittgenstein, and the Textual Film”, /Cinema Journal/,
    54.3, Spring 2015

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.remes.html>
  * *The Definition of Film

<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/2015/05/25/definition-film>* by
    *Richard Misek*. An audiovisual response to Justin Remes, “Boundless

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.remes.html>Ontologies:
    Michael Snow, Wittgenstein, and the Textual Film”, /Cinema Journal/,
    54.3, Spring 2015

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.remes.html>
  * *The Time Passing

<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/2015/05/25/time-passing>* by
    *Benjamin Sampson*. An audiovisual response to Julie Levinson, "Time
    and Time Again: Temporality, Narrativity, and Spectatorship in
    Christian Marclay’s /The Clock/," /Cinema Journal/, 54.3, Spring
    2015

<https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/cinema_journal/v054/54.3.levinson.html>

I am writing to let you know that we have just published
/[in]Transition: Journal of Videographic Film and Moving Image
Studies,/ 2.2, May/June 2015. This issue features content generated as
part of an exciting collaboration with /Cinema Journal, /our partner
publication. /CJ/'s editor, Will Brooker, shared with us (some six
months in advance of publication) four articles from the latest issue of
this highly esteemed journal (54.3, Spring 2015
<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/theme-week/2015/21/%E2%80%9Chttps://muse.jhu.edu/journals/cinema_journal/toc/cj.54.3.html%E2%80%9D>)
and asked if we would be interested in commissioning video responses to
the work. We accepted this challenge, conceiving of it as an experiment
to see how audiovisual essays (produced and published relatively
quickly) could take up, adapt, or riff off debates and arguments
posited by written scholarly texts (which, as is customary, had taken
several years to produce and publish).

Five sets of audiovisual essayists accepted the unusual commission, and
their creative, critical work forms the basis of our issue (see above).
Each video is accompanied by a written statement from the maker(s)
discussing the matters at stake in composing such audiovisual responses.
As usual, we warmly welcome further responses to the work from viewers
and readers in the comments threads. (Please click on the Register
<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/user/register> tab
to create a user account for entering comments).

*[in]Transition* continues to accept submissions of videographic work
for peer-reviewed publication in subsequent issues. You can find out
further information about this by clicking on the *Contribute
<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/theme-week/2015/21/%E2%80%9Chttp://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/node/6%E2%80%9D>
*to *[in]Transition* at our website.

  We hope you enjoy the issue. Please help us to publicise it via your
networks. Many thanks.

Best wishes

Catherine Grant

Editor, /[in]Transition/ 2.2, 2015