Archive for publications, January 2015

[ecrea] New journal : Social Media + Society !

Tue Jan 20 00:59:17 GMT 2015

A new journal is born : Social Media + Society
The journal's web site is now up and running at sms.sagepub.com

I am pleased to announce that our submission site is also live and ready at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/smas

To begin generating submissions, we would appreciate your help in getting the word out. For those of you who use Twitter, feel free to use that platform and reference our account: @SocialMedia_Soc

Our first issue, designed to be a manifesto for the journal, is scheduled to come out in Spring 2015. We also have two more special issues coming out in 2015, one with Tarleton Gillespie, Hector Postigo and the Culture Digitally group, and a second one with José van Dijk, Thomas Poell and their colleagues on Social Media and the Transformation of Public Space.

We are already working toward two more special issues to be published in 2016, one focused on Infancy Online and guest-edited by Tama Leaver and Bjorn Nansen, and another one guest-edited by Jean Burgess and Ben Light and focused on Gender, Sexuality, and Social Media.

As you can see, we have been busy and are excited to be focusing on contemporary and relevant topics with our special issues.

For the time being, I would appreciate your help in getting the word out about the journal, so that we can begin to generate and process manuscript submissions, while these special issues are in the works.

Thank you all in advance,

Zizi

Zizi Papacharissi, PhD
Professor and Head
Editor, Social Media and Society
Editor, Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media
Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago
www.uic.edu/~zizi @zizip