Archive for publications, November 2011

[ecrea] Fwd: New book: Digital Journalism

Fri Nov 11 10:49:59 GMT 2011

Colleagues, excuse the shameless self-promotion, but Sage has just published our new book, Digital Journalism (Janet Jones and Lee Salter). So Sage says, the book examines "issues and debates through cultural, social, political and economic frameworks, the book gets to grip with today's new journalism by understanding its historical threats and remembering its continuing resilience and ability to change with the times. In considering new forms of journalistic practice the book covers important topics such as:
. truth in the new journalism
. the changing identity of the journalist
. the economic implications for the industry
. the impact on the relationship between the journalist and their audience
. the legal framework of doing journalism online."

And so Paul Bradshaw says, it is " The most comprehensive book I've read on the issues facing online journalism in the UK. Digital Journalism manages to combine an understanding of technological and cultural developments with a commercial and political awareness that prevents it falling into the trap of technological determinism. Essential reading for journalism students"

http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book228917

End of shamelessness.

--
Dr. Lee Salter,