Archive for publications, February 2011

[ecrea] New Issue of PLATFORM Journal Online

Sun Feb 06 11:27:19 GMT 2011

*** New Issue of PLATFORM Journal Online! ***

PLATFORM: Journal of Media and Communication is pleased to announce
the publication of our new special edition issue, "Yes we are open!".

This special issue is guest edited by Jessica Coates and Elliott
Bledsoe in collaboration with the Creative Commons Clinic at the ARC
Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation, we
present submissions by postgraduate students working in media studies
or related fields which critically examine the legal, social and
technical parameters of open source, open content and open access.

The new issue is available to view on our new website at
http://journals.culture-communication.unimelb.edu.au/platform/

This issue contains the following articles:

Editorial
by Elliott Bledsoe and Jessica Coates

An Interview with Esther Wojcicki
by Elliott Bledsoe and Jessica Coates

The State of the Commons: Case Studies 2010
by Rachel Cobcroft

Sharing with Creative Commons: A Business Model for Content Creators
by Cheryl Foong

Can Open Mean Terbuka? Negotiating Licenses for Indonesian Video Activism
by Alexandra Crosby and Ferdiansyah Thajib

Cooperation and Competition in Open Production
by Peter Jakobsson

*** About the Journal ***

PLATFORM: Journal of Media and Communication is a fully refereed, open
access online graduate journal. Founded and published by the Media and
Communications Program, School of Culture and Communication,
University of Melbourne (Australia), PLATFORM was launched in November
2008. PLATFORM is refereed by an international board of established
and emerging scholars working across diverse fields in media and
communication studies and edited by graduate students at the
University of Melbourne.

To submit an article, essay or review or for
more information, email us at (platformjmc /at/ gmail.com)  or visit
http://journals.culture-communication.unimelb.edu.au/platform/

*** Forthcoming Issues ***

Keep an eye on our website for Volume 3 Issue 1, "Media, Race and
Politics" (March 2011)

*** Apply to Peer Review ***

PLATFORM invites early career, PhD and Masters researchers to peer
review its scholarly submissions. If you would like to apply, please
submit a 150 word bio as well as a CV highlighting research projects,
publications and paper presentations to (platformjmc /at/ gmail.com)

--
PLATFORM: Journal of Media and Communication
Email: (platformjmc /at/ gmail.com)