Archive for publications, 2003

[eccr] Fwd: [G-csacont] Mediactive: New Journal

Sat Aug 02 14:55:12 GMT 2003

>apologies for cross-postings.

>A new Journal and a new imprint
>from Lawrence and Wishart
>
>MEDIACTIVE
>editor Jonathan Rutherford
>
>MEDIACTIVE is an exciting, ground breaking new journal created by the
>new publishing venture Barefoot Publications. MEDIACTIVE
>engages with contemporary issues of culture and politics for a non
>fiction and academic readership. Its aim is good quality writing and
>scholarly work.
>
>Issue 1 is on Knowledge/Culture and aimed at teachers, lecturers and
>university students. Published on May 27 it begins where the
>majority of its contributors find themselves: in the crisis hit
>universities. As the government turns universities into corporations we
>ask the question what kind of education do we want? The issue argues that
>New Labour is promoting an 'Ignorance Economy' and analyses
>the business takeover of schools, the commodification of journalism and
>the future of learning.
>
>Contributors to the Knowledge Issue include: Clare Birchall, Lynda
>Dyson, Alan Finlayson, Andrew Goffey, Gary Hall, Glenn Rikowski,
>Jonathan Rutherford.
>
>ISBN 085315 9726
>
>Available post-free from Barefoot Publications
>c/o Lawrence&Wishart, 99a Wallis Road
>London E9 5LN
>E-mail: (orders /at/ lwbooks.co.uk)
>Website: www.lwbooks.co.uk

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/