Archive for calls, November 2022

[Commlist] Call for Participant at Toronto Queer Film Festival Symposium 2023

Wed Nov 09 08:56:34 GMT 2022

  CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS!

*TQFF is seeking proposals for its annual Symposium around the theme of Queer Wonderlands! Queer Wonderlands invokes realms full of transitions, joy, and love, inspired by imagination with the anticipation of what is to come.*

Calling on the Queer imagining that occurs through the uncanny, monstrous, whimsical, and fantastical. We invite participants to step into a world of collective visioning where all 2Spirit/Queer/Trans people and communities thrive in an environment of wellness, protection, connection, and sustainability of this existence.

*⁠⁠Submissions to Queer Wonderlands symposium may consider the questions: ⁠⁠*

How can we, as 2Spirit/Queer/Trans people, shape our worlds and possibilities for the future through imagined existences that defy reality? What is the potentiality of 2Spirit/Queer/Trans creatives invoking hope and joy through their portrayal of 2Spirit/Queer/Trans characters thriving in environments visioned to sustain them? How is 2Spirit/Queer/Trans world building in cinema and new media an act of resistance by rejecting the violence of colonialism, heteropatriarchy, and cisnormativity?

⁠⁠This symposium will be held online.

We are particularly interested in submissions that take full advantage of the capabilities of online platforms. Individual papers and presentations should be no more than 15 minutes. Roundtables, workshops, panels, etc., should be no more than 1 hour, including an opportunity for Q&A.

We will also accept submission for proposals with shorter durations (i.e. lightning talks, microsessions, Pecha Kucha, etc).⁠⁠

Everyone is welcome to apply!

Only selected participants will be notified of their acceptance by December 1st, 2022.⁠⁠

This is a paid opportunity for all involved. ⁠⁠

*Proposal Deadline: Monday November 21, 2022, @ 5PM EST.⁠*

Click here to submit <https://torontoqueerfilmfest.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e48a07aa59a2c8e7f1e29acd7&id=cbf4f81be7&e=0859302a8b>

Facebook <https://torontoqueerfilmfest.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e48a07aa59a2c8e7f1e29acd7&id=d5c95e70bf&e=0859302a8b>

Twitter <https://torontoqueerfilmfest.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e48a07aa59a2c8e7f1e29acd7&id=f55e749b19&e=0859302a8b>