[ecrea] CFP SAS 2019 - 31st Edition of the Society for Animation Studies Conference - Amination is a Place

Thu Nov 22 15:21:18 GMT 2018

Cfp: SAS 2019 in Un. Lusofona, Lisbon - Amination is a Place - Deadline: December, 21

We are proud to announce that Lusofona University in Lisbon will host the “/31 <http://sas2019.ulusofona.pt/>//^st //Edition of //the / <http://sas2019.ulusofona.pt/>/Society for Animation Studies Conference <http://sas2019.ulusofona.pt/>”. /

SAS holds an annual conference at a different international location each year. The upcoming Annual Conference <http://sas2019.ulusofona.pt/> will be held June 17-21, 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal.

For over a century, the art of the moving image has captured and reconstructed our surroundings, simultaneously reassuring and questioning our perception(s) of the real.

Under the theme ANIMATION IS A PLACE <http://sas2019.ulusofona.pt/>, the 31st SAS conference aims to celebrate animation as one of the most vital contemporary forms of visual expression.

We invite practitioners and scholars to address animation as a privileged space within the realm of the moving image, a unique position that allows animators to not only create imaginary worlds but also, importantly, to look at and challenge the world we live in.

Although we welcome submissions on any topic within the field of Animation Studies, this year we particularly welcome a focus on animation practice and theory as a reflection of its time and place, as a tool of cultural expression, and invite proposals to respond to a wide range of topics:

·The Impact Of Geography And/Or Cultural Identity On Animation Production

·Independent Animation: Case Studies

·Globalisation and The Rise Of International Co-Productions: A Platform To Sustain Small Industries Or A Homogenizing Agent Of Aesthetics And Content?

·Teaching And Learning: An Education In Animation And Animation In Education

·Spatial Constructions: Animation, Architecture, And Place

·Expanded Animation, Beyond The Screen: Public Space, Installation, Exhibition...

·Practice-Based Animation Research

·Documentary Animation

·Animation As Therapy

·Animation And Gender, Gendered Geographies

·Sonic Landscapes – Sound And Composition In Animation

·Cross-Disciplinary And Interdisciplinary Approaches To Animation, Including Sociological And Anthropological Perspectives

We also inform that the call for papers is already open. All interested individuals should submit the abstract to: https://congressos.leading.pt/geral/inserirresumo.aspx?evento=56&formulario=128&lingua=en-GB, *the deadline is December 21st 2018. *

Proposals will be blind reviewed by a panel of SAS members, and acceptance will be announced by the end of January, 2019. Please be aware that spaces for presentations are limited. Late proposals will not be considered until all other proposals have been read. Late proposals and non-members of SAS at the time of submission will be given lower consideration.

You will need to be a fully paid member of the SAS to present at the conference, but you can submit a proposal for consideration even if you are not currently a member.

Membership/renewal in the Society for Animation Studies for 2019 is mandatory for all conference presenters. For more information on the Society, go to www.animationstudies.org <http://www.animationstudies.org/%22%20%5Ct%20%22_blank>.