[ecrea] Everyday Creativity Conference

Tue Jun 12 18:02:13 GMT 2018

  Morgan Centre conference: Everyday Creativity

Date: 10-11 July 2018
Venue: The University of Manchester
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/morgancentre/connect/events/everyday-creativity/

Creativity is often equated with individual artistry or genius – what we might call creativity with a ‘big C’ – but our world is also full of much more humble or quotidian forms of ‘small c’ creativity which come alive in the ordinary and extraordinary, charismatic and mundane, dogged and revelatory, experiences of everyday life.  Creativity can be part of change, struggle and resistance, as well as histories, traditions, environments, stories and narratives.  Creativity can take shape in materialities, in memory, in aesthetics and in domestic practices and everyday forms of making and doing.  Creativity is part of our everyday lives, our practices, imaginations and social relations.

This major conference uses the theme of ‘Everyday Creativity’ in an open way – without insisting on any one prescriptive definition - as a starting point for interdisciplinary dialogue.

You can see the programme here: http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=36656

    Keynote speakers:

Sarah Moss, Novelist and Professor of Creative Writing, University of Warwick
Ben Highmore, Professor of Cultural Studies, University of Sussex
Sue Heath, Professor of Sociology, and Andy Balmer, Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Morgan Centre, University of Manchester

    Registration

£180 (standard) £90 (concession)
Advance registration is essential.  To register please visit:https://estore.manchester.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-humanities/school-of-arts-languages-and-culture/everyday-creativity/morgan-centre-conference-everyday-creativity
Deadline for registration: 3rd July 2018
For more information please visit our website: https://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/morgan-centre/connect/events/everyday-creativity/
Please feel free to forward this invite to others who may be interested