Archive for calls, November 2013

[ecrea] Job Call: Assistant Professor in Media Studies

Mon Nov 11 20:26:22 GMT 2013

The Department of Communication and Journalism at Oakland University
invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Media
Studies with an emphasis in media production. The appointment begins August
15, 2014. This position is open to a number of possibilities as our program
grows and we revise our curriculum. Successful candidates will teach and
develop new courses in the areas of media production and media studies,
maintain an active research agenda, and manage production facilities.

Required qualifications include experience teaching undergraduate courses in
one or more production areas (such as video production, audio production, and
post-production) and a record of video production. Applicants will be expected
to maintain exposure to current trends and facilitate their application to the
curriculum. They should also be prepared to lead graduate seminars as well as
direct creative projects at the MA level. MFA or PhD in relevant field at time of
appointment is preferred.

Review of applications will begin on December 16, 2013 and will continue until
the position is filled. More information and the application portal is available at
https://academicjobs.oakland.edu/postings/901. Applicants should submit a
cover letter detailing teaching philosophy and research statement, cv and a
list of references. Please arrange for the electronic submission of three letters
of reference. Inquiries and letters of reference should be directed to Dr.
Rebekah Farrugia, Search Committee Chair,(farrugia /at/ oakland.edu).

Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and
encourages applications from women and minorities