Archive for calls, March 2011

[ecrea] Call for Practice: Under the Mask 2011: Perspectives on the Gamer Conference

Thu Mar 24 14:01:47 GMT 2011

Under the Mask 2011: Perspectives on the Gamer Conference
Friday 3rd June 2011
Research Institute for Media, Art and Design
University of Bedfordshire
Luton Campus, Park Square
Luton
Bedfordshire, UK

Practice Proposals
Without the gamer, games do not exist. As Galloway reminds the reader, games are simply rules waiting to be enacted by the player. Under the Mask aims to address the issues that surround the player of digital games as contributor, consumer and propagator of their culture, not only through presentation and discussion, but also through actively engaging with games and their users. As part of the conference, we are keen to support the practice of making games and game-related artefacts. If you have a game proposal you would like to run at the conference, or have any projects, works in progress, etc you would like to display/have people play on the day, we would like to hear from you. The deadline for practice-based submissions is 2^nd May 2011. We will discuss submissions with you on a rolling basis up until this date. Please email submissions to (gamer /at/ beds.ac.uk) <mailto:(gamer /at/ beds.ac.uk)>

Further information about the conference can be found at http://underthemask.wikidot.com/