Archive for calls, November 2009

[ecrea] CFP Schizoanalysis and Visual Culture

Sun Nov 08 07:02:24 GMT 2009

Call for papers Schizoanalysis and Visual Culture Centre for Critical and Cultural Theory Cardiff University, June 1st and 2nd 2010 What is schizoanalysis and how might it be applied to the analysis of contemporary visual culture? This question is both daunting in its complexity and exciting in terms of the possibility for a whole new way of thinking about visual culture it offers. Answering it seems to require that we experiment with Deleuze and Guattariâ??s ideas and concepts to produce our own new syntheses adequate to the demands of the present creative, historical and theoretical conjuncture we find ourselves in today. That is the challenge this symposium will take up by bringing together some of the most creative and exacting scholars working in the twin fields of Deleuze studies and film studies today. Keynote Speakers Dr Felicity Colman (Manchester Metropolitan) Dr Patricia MacCormack (Anglia Ruskin University) Dr Richard Rushton (University of Lancaster) Professor Tom Conley (Harvard University) Professor David Rodowick (Harvard University) Professor Mirjam Schaub (The Free University of Berlin) Professor Paola Marrati (Johns Hopkins University) Professor Patricia Pisters (University of Amsterdam)