Archive for publications, October 2018

[ecrea] International Journal of Performance Arts & Digital Media (IJPADM) is recruiting a new Associate Editor

Wed Oct 31 09:21:51 GMT 2018

*/International Journal of Performance Arts & Digital Media (IJPADM) /**is recruiting a new Associate Editor*

**

Prof. Sita Popat has stood down from the role of Associate Editor of /IJPADM/ following 13 years of outstanding contribution to the journal. Prof. Popat remains an Advisory Editor; however, as /IJPADM/ is on a growing trajectory moving from 2 to 3 issues per year we are looking for a new Associate Editor to join the team.

Other Associate Editor currently are: Prof. Sarah Bay-Cheng (Bowdoin College, USA), Dr Nick Hunt (Rose Bruford, UK), Dr Elise Morrison (Yale, USA) and Dr Toni Sant (Salford, UK). Our Advisory Editors are: Dr Dave Collins (Independent, UK), Prof. Steve Dixon (LASALLE, Singapore) and prof. Sita Popat (Leeds, UK). Reviews editor is Dr Aneta Mancewicz (Birmingham, UK).

As an Associate Editor you will be expected to take responsibility for handling a small number of articles for Open Issues from submission to publication. This would entail checking that the article can be sent out to peer review, communicating with peer reviewers, authors and the Editor-in-Chief. Currently we publish one Open Issue per year. Furthermore, you will be expected to attend one or two meetings per year, where we discuss strategic and operational issues concerning the journal. On occasion you will be expected to peer review articles relevant to your expertise. Most importantly, we expect our Associate Editors to act as advocates for the journal.

The post will be for three years with the possibility of extending it.

/IJPADM/ is an international double-blind peer-reviewed journal accepting submissions into all subjects within or across disciplines related to performance and digital media. It encourages debate and cross-disciplinary exchange across a broad range of approaches. The spectrum of topics includes but is not limited to the areas of cultural mediatisation, distributed non-linear performance, virtual/physical bodies, interactive performative installations, realtime music performance interfaces, and more.  Topics are addressed in full-length academic articles, critical statements on current issues, developmental practice, and reviews of books and live/media-based performances. The journal is published by Taylor & Francis. For more information on the journal see here:

https://tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=aimsScope&journalCode=rpdm20

The post is unremunerated. To apply for the position please send a CV of no more than two pages outlining your research interests and relevant experience accompanied by a cover letter of no more than one page to (m.chatzi /at/ lsbu.ac.uk) <mailto:(m.chatzi /at/ lsbu.ac.uk)> by Friday 30 November. In your cover letter please summarize any experience of editing and peer review that you have already had; and state your reasons for applying and what you think you can bring to the journal.

The applications will be reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editors, Advisory Editors and Reviews Editor.