Archive for publications, November 2017

[ecrea] Anniversary Issue of the European Journal of Cultural Studies - open access resources

Tue Nov 21 09:17:32 GMT 2017

The /European Journal of Cultural Studies/ is now twenty years old and to celebrate we are launching a special anniversary issue.

The issue includes an introduction by the new editors about the journal and the current charge of cultural studies, entitled ‘On the move’, plus three specially commissioned articles by Ros Gill, Christine Geraghty, and Mark Banks and Justin O’Connor.

Open Access Dossiers

These new articles head up our first special open access dossiers in Postfeminism <http://journals.sagepub.com/page/ecs/collections/postfeminism>, Television <http://journals.sagepub.com/page/ecs/collections/television>, and the Creative Industries <http://journals.sagepub.com/page/ecs/collections/creative-industries> as areas where we have been privileged to be at the forefront of publishing great work. Therefore we offer these open access dossiers, which are made up of some of our most popular articles in these fields, to the Cultural Studies community to help support our work and to enhance the teaching of, and access to, Cultural Studies as a field. http://journals. <http://journals.sagepub.com/home/ecs>sagepub.com/home/ecs <http://journals.sagepub.com/home/ecs> - scroll down from our home page.

The anniversary issue also includes a series of excellent articles by established and emerging scholars – driving at new questions and areas of enquiry as well as revisiting some of those that have been central to Cultural Studies scholarship. The full issue is listed below and is open access for one month. http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/ecsa/current

On the move: Twentieth anniversary editorial of the /European Journal of Cultural Studies/.

Joke Hermes, Jaap Kooijman, Jo Littler and Helen Wood.

The affective, cultural and psychic life of postfeminism: A postfeminist sensibility ten years on.

Ros Gill

What is the ‘television’ of the European Journal of Cultural Studies: Twenty years of the study of television in the journal.

Christine Geraghty

Inside the Whale (and how to get out of there): Moving on from two decades of cultural industries research.

Mark Banks and Justin O’Connor

Watching me watching you: Black women in Britain on YouTube.

Francesca Sobande

Caitlyn Jenner “likes” Ted Cruz but the feeling may not be mutual: Trans pedagogy and /I am Cait./

Anita Brady

The ambivalence of co-working: On the politics of an emerging work practice.

Greig DePeuter, Nicole S Cohen and Francesca Saraco

The biographical approach in (post)-subcultural studies: exploring punk in China.

Jian Xiao

Going global: Fantasy sports, game play paradigms, fan identities and cultural implications in an international context.

Andrew J Ploeg

Raymond Williams’ Communicative Materialism.

Christian Fuchs

Arriving late to the party? Histories of Cultural Studies as resources of hope.

Jilly Boyce Kay

We hope you enjoy our birthday celebrations!

Joke Hermes

Jaap Kooijman

Jo Littler

Helen Wood

(editorial team /European Journal of Cultural Studies/)