Archive for publications, November 2017

[ecrea] New Book - Experiencing Public Relations: International Voices

Thu Nov 02 09:15:13 GMT 2017

New publication of "Experiencing Public Relations: International Voices" edited by Elizabeth Bridgen (Sheffield Hallam University, UK) and Dejan Verčič (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia).

The book explores the 'backstage' of public relations and takes a critical view of the subjects often deemed too difficult or personal or mundane to explore but which we have to understand if we are to make sense of public relations practice. Subjects covered include the daily life and issues faced by junior public relations practitioners, how ISIS and far right groups manage their communications (and what we can learn from it), why we are uncomfortable with fictional representations of public relations, the role of the spokesperson in shaping political messages, the gaps in public relations scholarship, why public relations trade magazines delight in the negative side of public relations... and much more. Featuring authors, examples, and analysis from contributors based in Australia, Germany, India, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, UAE, UK, USA and Venezuela, this book's global approach and broad range of research methods makes it of interest to students and scholars of  public relations, communication, media, and cultural studies as well as public relations practitioners who want to try to understand their occupation.

https://www.routledge.com/Experiencing-Public-Relations-International-Voices/Bridgen-Vercic/p/book/9781138632448