Archive for publications, 2008

[ecrea] New Mediascape Fall '08 Issue!

Wed Nov 05 07:26:22 GMT 2008

Please share this email with everyone who may be interested:

As we eagerly anticipate the outcome of the election, Mediascape is pleased to announce the publication of the <http://www.tft.ucla.edu/mediascape/>Fall ?08 issue. In light of the hypermediated political environment that has engulfed our nation for the last few months (years?), we chose to focus this issue on the theme of politics and the political in media. The work in this issue includes:

Features
* ?By, For, and About: The ?Real? Problem in the Feminist Film Movement? by Shilyh Warren * ?Gray of Black? Howard Koch and the Elusive Architecture of the Hollywood ?Lists?? by Heather Heckman
Reviews
* ?Media Spectacle and the 2008 Presidential Election: Some Pre-Election Reflections? by Douglas Kellner * ?Low and Behold: Using Fiction/Documentary Hybridity to See the Real Damage of Hurricane Katrina? by David O?Grady
Columns
* ?New Media as Election Strategy: How Obama and McCain Court the Net Generation? by Brett McCracken * ?Out of the Mouths of Babes: Animated Sitcoms and Political Incorrectness? by Phil Scepanski
   * ?Bad Techno-Subjects: Griefing is Serious Business? by Aubrey Anable
META
* Allyson Nadia Field, Toby Miller, Bill Nichols, and Chuck Tryon on the Subject of Media, Politics and the Academy

This issue and all content from our past issues are available on our website: <http://www.tft.ucla.edu/mediascape/>http://www.tft.ucla.edu/mediascape/

We hope you enjoy the issue!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Porst and Maya Montañez Smukler
Co-Editors-in-Chief

----------------------------
New books:
Discourse Theory and Cultural Analysis. Media, Arts and Literature.
Nico Carpentier & Erik Spinoy (Eds.) @ Hampton Press
http://www.hamptonpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1-57273-810-3&Category_Code=Q208
&
Democracy, Journalism and Technology
Nico Carpentier, et al. (Eds.) @ UTPress
http://www.researchingcommunication.eu/
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/