Archive for publications, 2008

[ecrea] Critical Arts Issue: Intellectual Property Rights

Thu Apr 24 16:19:20 GMT 2008

>     Critical Arts
>

>a south-north journal of cultural and media studies
>

>Theme issue on Intellectual Property Rights (see attachment)
>

>Critical Arts  publishes original, readable, and
>theoretically cutting edge articles.  Many
>articles first published in the Journal have
>been subsequently reprinted with acknowledgement
>elsewhere. We are proud of this republishing
>record, which includes original articles first
>published in Critical Arts by, eg., JM Coetzee,
>Nadine Gordimer, and later, Stuart Hall, David
>Kerr, Ntongela Masilela,  and Handel Kashope Wright, amongst many others.
>

>Intellectual Property: global perspectives from the African South  20(1)
>

>Eds.  Keyan G Tomaselli, Helge Ronning, Ruth Teer-Tomaselli
>

>Introduction: Intellectual Property Rights and
>the Political Economy of Culture
>
>Helge Rønning, Department of Media and Communication, University of Oslo
>
>Pradip Thomas, School of Journalism and
>Communication, University of Queensland
>
>Keyan G Tomaselli, Culture, Communication and
>Media Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal
>
>Ruth Teer-Tomaselli, Culture, communication and
>Media Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal
>

>Systems of Control and Regulation  Copyright
>Issues, Digital Divides and Citizens⬬" Rights
>
>Helge Rønning, Department of Media and Communication, University of Oslo
>

>Principles of copyright in intellectual property law: an overview
>
>Tanya Woker, Howard College School of Law, University of KwaZulu-Natal
>
>Copyright in the Information Age: The Catch-22 of Digital Technology
>
>Tana Pistorius[i], Department of
><http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=211>Mercantile
>Law, University of South Africa
>

>Balancing Intellectual Property Rights with
>Public Obligations in Developing Nations: Lessons from Africa
>
>Loretta M. Palmer, Utah Valley State College
>

>Communications and Global Intellectual Property
>Rights: ICTâ¬"s and Development in Africa
>
>Sarah Helen Chiumbu, Media Researcher, Zimbabwe
>
>The Expropriation of Intellectual Capital and
>the Political Economy of International Academic Publishing
>
>Christopher Merrett, University of KwaZulu-Natal
>
>Creators and Customers: copyright issues in the Canadian news media
>
>Joyce Smith, School of Journalism, Ryerson University
>
>Begging, borrowing, stealing: the context for
>media plagiarism in 21st century South Africa
>
>Ian Glenn, Centre for Film and Media Studies, University of Cape Town
>
>Plagiarism, Public Relations and Press Releases: The case of the hidden author
>
>Warren Parker, Centre for AIDS Development, Research and Evaluation (CADRE)
>
>Oral tradition and Concepts of Ownership in Malawi
>
>David Kerr, Professor of Theatre and Media, University of Malawi
>
>Copyright, Folklore and Music Piracy in Ghana
>
>John Collins, Department of Music, University of Ghana
>
>Trafficking Trauma: Intellectual Property Rights
>and the Political Economy of Traumatic Storytelling

> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/