[Commlist] Boris Karloff: The Many Faces of a Film Icon - An Online Symposium

Mon Mar 07 13:20:20 GMT 2022

Taking place online on Friday 1st April 2022, Plymouth College of Art presents Boris Karloff: The Many Faces of a Film Icon, an online symposium dedicated to one of the great stars of the classic era.

Supported by keynote addresses from all-round horror expert Dr Alison Pierse (University of Leeds) and acclaimed biographer Stephen Jacobs (author of Boris Karloff: More Than a Monster), the day will draw together a range of approaches to Karloff and his work from academics and artists alike. Accompanying the day of papers, you will have access to our dedicated website where we will showcase a selection of archival materials, as well as artist responses to Karloff and his career.

Sign-up here for the event via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/boris-karloff-the-many-faces-of-a-film-icon-an-online-symposium-tickets-291177227927

Join us and embark on a Karlovian odyssey in which we will explore various aspects of the fascinating life and career of one of the most enduring figures of screen culture.

Contact: for additional information, contact Dr Eddie Falvey ((efalvey /at/ pca.ac.uk))