Archive for calls, May 2018

[ecrea] Senior Lecturer and Course Leader in Popular Music at the University of Gloucestershire

Mon May 21 20:50:11 GMT 2018

*Senior Lecturer and **Course Leader** in Popular Music*

As a result of ongoing expansion in Music at the University of Gloucestershire, we are looking to appoint a full-time course-leader for our BA (Hons) in Popular Music. The successful applicant will lead a highly successful and in-demand undergraduate programme, and will take an active role in its ongoing development.

We are looking for a forward-thinking individual with both established academic practice, that includes teaching, module leadership, student support and administration at undergraduate level, along with a background in songwriting and composition, live performance and musicianship. In addition, we welcome applications from practitioners who are research active in the areas of popular music, commercial music, music performance, music production, and who can demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the way in which popular and commercial music practices are evolving in response to a range of digital, audiovisual and economic contexts

Music as a subject area is part of the award-winning Media School at Gloucestershire, and recruiting to this post reflects a broad set of developments in Music, that include a growing and increasingly diverse student population across our Music courses – which include our BA programmes in Music Business and Creative Music Technology and an MA in Creative Music Practice – and an ongoing growth in facilities that includes a multichannel immersive listening room and dubbing theatre, both scheduled to open in September 2018. In addition, our Music programmes reflect the vocational and critical breadth of our academic staff, who maintain professional careers in live performance, broadcast, festival promotion, and the independent label sector, and whose research includes music in relation to moving image, identity, culture, contemporary philosophy and digital economies.

https://jobs.glos.ac.uk/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=00052589

Closing Date:14^th  June 2018

Interview Date: 25^th  June 2018

For informal enquiries about the role, please contact:

Dr Matthew Lovett
Academic Subject Leader: Music & Media Group
University of Gloucestershire
BV205
Park Campus
The Park