[ecrea] Call for additional chapter on Skam/Shame

Tue Dec 06 14:00:17 GMT 2016

*Richard McCulloch and William Proctor (eds.) /The Scandinavian Invasion: The Nordic Noir Phenomenon and Beyond/. Oxford: Peter Lang (under contract)*
/
/
Dear colleagues,

After one of our authors had to withdraw from the project, we now have space for an additional chapter in the above collection.

One of the central concerns of the book (see outline below) is the way in which Nordic Noir has shifted over time. We are especially interested in its transnational, transcultural, and transmedia qualities, as well as the cultural and industrial mechanisms that have enabled Scandinavian media to expand into other geographic and generic territories.

With that in mind, we would like the replacement chapter to be on Norwegian TV series**/Skam/Shame -- /a teen show whose international following has soared in recent weeks. The series is fascinating for a myriad of reasons, including fandom, translation, public broadcasting, and transmedia storytelling, but we are open to a broad range of theoretical and methodological approaches to studying it, providing of course that the chapter fits comfortably within the scope of the book. We invite expressions of interest, or short abstracts, by *Monday 19th December*.

We have a contract to publish with Peter Lang, and the chapter will need to be fit for publication by the end of March 2017 at the latest.

Please direct all enquiries, off-list, to *Richard McCulloch: (r.mcculloch /at/ hud.ac.uk) <mailto:(r.mcculloch /at/ hud.ac.uk)>*