[ecrea] Call for Papers: Life Communication: Data, Symbol and Wisdom

Fri Oct 07 12:20:43 GMT 2016

Initiated by Peking University(PKU), the leading university in China, this book is aimed at providing a platform for interdisciplinary dialogue focused on communication research, especially between China and the international academic community. Submissions are welcomed from a worldwide authorship. They are expected to add to the existing knowledge on a broad research area related to information, communication, sublimation of life and social development.

This book will be published by PKU Press, one of the most renowned academic press in China. We have received contributions from Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT), Erasmus University Rotterdam, and other leading universities globally, after the 1st Thinkers’ Summit of Translingual Communication on Life: Data, Symbol and Wisdom hosted by PKU on 2016. There are no publication fees.

Editor-in Chief: Professor Shi Zengzhi, director of Center for Public Communication and Social Development, Peking University.

*I. Objective*

**

By the forces of the Internet and a variety of artificial intelligence tools, the world becomes a global village as it getting smaller in the 21st century. The exponential growth and the integration of technology, media and telecom (TMT) provide infinite imagination to where mankind and our society can go. The problems we encounter are becoming more complex and diverse. With the development of TMT, “all connected” and “fast iteration” have brought the wild imagination to human development and the possibility to the deconstruction and reconstruction of social relations and social structure in the process of communication. Human language and machine language are mixed together, the issues concerning our society, economy, politics, science, philosophy, religion, culture, and our own life are mutually blended and deeply interpenetrated, different disciplines are integrated to be innovative.

*II. Topic Areas for Submission*

**

The main areas of interest are organized in the following four topics. All insightful papers devoted to information, communication, sublimation of life and social development research are welcomed.

**

*Topic 1: Globalization, Mobility and Identity *

*Topic 2: Technology, Power and Social Transformation*

*Topic 3: Big Data, Symbol and Daily Life*

*Topic 4: Time, Translingual Practice and Wisdom *

*III. Submission Information*

**

Please, send your 350 words abstract to Song Qi via *(songtaiqicn /at/ 163.com)* by 31th of October, 2016. Selected participants will be contacted with further instructions.

Please note that January 31st, 2017 23:59:59 (Beijing Time GMT +8), is the deadline to receive full papers. The full paper is expected to be no less than 5000 words.

**

*Subject line: Name + University + Paper Title.*

**

Contact Information:

Song Qi

Center for Public Communication and Social Development

School of Journalism and Communication

Peking University

Phone Number: +86 15201588498

Email: *(songtaiqicn /at/ 163.com)*